Oxidative stress with Antioxidants
Fight oxidative stress, protect your skin's youthful glow
Oxidative stress is a major concern for many individuals and can have a significant impact on the skin's health and appearance. It occurs when there is an imbalance between the production of free radicals and the skin's ability to neutralize and eliminate them. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can cause damage to cells, leading to premature aging, fine lines, wrinkles, and other skin concerns.
Oxidative stress can be caused by a variety of factors, including UV exposure, pollution, stress, and lifestyle choices. It is important to address oxidative stress, as it can cause significant damage to the skin over time, leading to a dull, lifeless complexion, and a lack of radiance.
At Universkin, we understand the importance of addressing oxidative stress, and offer personalized skincare solutions to help neutralize free radicals, protect the skin, and restore its natural glow and radiance.
Oxidative stress cheat sheet
- UV exposure: Prolonged exposure to the sun's harmful UV rays can increase the production of free radicals and cause oxidative stress.
- Pollution: Exposure to air pollution, smoke, and other environmental toxins can also increase oxidative stress levels in the skin.
- Stress: Psychological stress can trigger oxidative stress and contribute to skin aging.
- Lifestyle choices: Poor diet, lack of sleep, and alcohol consumption can also increase oxidative stress levels in the skin.
- Fine lines and wrinkles: Oxidative stress can cause the skin to lose its elasticity, leading to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dull complexion: Oxidative stress can leave the skin looking dull, lifeless, and lack luster.
- Dark spots: Oxidative stress can cause hyperpigmentation and the formation of dark spots on the skin.
- Inflammation signs: Oxidative stress can also trigger inflammation, exacerbating existing skin conditions and leading to further damage.
Impact on the skin
- Premature aging: Oxidative stress can accelerate the skin aging process, leading to a loss of elasticity and the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Weakened barrier function: The skin's barrier function can be weakened by oxidative stress, making it more susceptible to damage from external factors.
- Increased sensitivity: Oxidative stress can make the skin more sensitive, leading to redness, itching, and irritation.
- Loss of radiance: Oxidative stress can leave the skin looking dull and lack luster, taking away its natural radiance and glow.
Jeanne and Susan Age: 61
Copyright ©2009 by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Reprinted with permission from Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009;123(4):1321–1331.
These two women are twins: one is exposed to the sun and the other is not! Jeanne (left), 61, says her twin sister Susan (right) looks "ten years older"… A scientific study showed that she looked exactly 11 years older than her sister. This is explained by a bad habit of regularly exposing herself to the sun (Susan lives in Florida) while her sister avoids it (she lives in Ohio). We see here the sun spots (which people modestly call "age spots") and the much more marked wrinkles on the twin who abused the sun… The environment (called the "exposome" by scientists) is responsible for 90% of the signs of aging… What if we took care of our skin?
Universkin personalized approach to oxidative stress
At Universkin, we believe in offering personalized skincare solutions that address oxidative stress and its effects on the skin. Our products are specifically formulated with key active ingredients that help neutralize free radicals, soothe the skin, and restore its natural glow and radiance.
2% PER DOSE, UP TO 6%
Superoxide Dismutase, or SOD, is a free radical scavenger, ultimately protecting the skin from oxidative damage and inflammation. SOD soothes the skin and helps to combat photoaging.
1% PER DOSE, UP TO 3%
Ferulic acid is a powerful antioxidant. It neutralizes the skin free radicals and, therefore, helps slowing the aging process.
7% PER DOSE, UP TO 21%
Vitamin C is a potent skin booster and antioxidant. Vitamin C is a key active for treating and preventing photoaging, hyperpigmentation, skin redness, and skin dryness. It also has exfoliating properties.
At Universkin, we understand the damaging effects of oxidative stress on the skin and how it can lead to visible signs of aging and skin damage. That's why we have developed a personalized skincare solution that uses a combination of key active ingredients, including Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), Ferulic Acid, and Vitamin C, to target oxidative stress and its effects on the skin.
Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) is a powerful antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals and protect the skin against environmental damage. Ferulic Acid is a natural antioxidant that helps strengthen the skin's barrier function, reduce inflammation, and protect the skin against oxidative stress. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps brighten the skin, reduce the appearance of dark spots, and protect the skin against oxidative stress.
At Universkin, we are committed to providing our clients with personalized skincare solutions that deliver real results. Our products are formulated with the highest quality active ingredients and are tailored to meet each individual's unique skincare needs. So, you can feel confident knowing that you're taking the best possible care of your skin.
Antioxidant Serums Collection
we can read
Confused about your skin concern? Remember, skin issues are complex and often interrelated. That's why we've developed a skin diagnostic tool, approved and verified by doctors within the Universkin community, to give you a clearer understanding of your skin concerns. Take advantage of this personalized approach and get the best skin of your life with Universkin.